Here you find an adviser and guide about corset wearing, figure training and tightlacing on the topic “Why should women wear corsets?”
Which associations do you have when you hear the word ‘corset’? Maybe fainting, discomfort, agony, etc.? Unfortunately this is the case with many people. The following compilation of questions and answers, based on my own experiences, is to do away with the corset’s negative reputation, to list its positive effects and to inform you about the practical use of corsets today, in our time. After having read this information you should associate corsets with elegance, grace and attractivity.
Why should women wear corsets?
Generally speaking a corset has three effects on your body:
- it makes your waist smaller,
- it lifts and supports your bosom,
- it improves your posture.
Those three effects are the reason why corsets have survived such a long time; they enhance the beauty, elegance, femininity and attractivity of each woman. The effects number 1. and 2. are consequences of the pressure which the corsets exerts on the waist and lower ribcage. Effect number 3. is due to the stiffening busks in the corset.
Aside from these main effects corsets have, of course, other, agreeable impacts on your body:
- if the corset is long enough below the waist, then it makes your stomach perfectly flat,
- if the corset is long enough above the waist, then you can dispense with bras, for your bosom is supported by the corset,
- the corset supports your back when you have to sit on a chair for a long time; this is comfortable and it makes sense from an orthopaedic point of view.
To sum up it can be said that corset-wearing has the following effects: a small waist, a beautiful bosom, a flat stomach and an erect posture. Aren’t these things desirable for every lady? They all influence your appearance positively. This I will explain in more detail below.